Pens ink G D'Orio to entry-level deal
- Kings acquire F Mitchell from Canadiens
- Jackets top Flames in OT, push run to 5
- OT goal caps Tampa rally vs. Blackhawks
- Blackhawks' Keith wants to play until 45
- Raanta hurt, Coyotes recall G Langhamer
(TSX / STATS) -- The Pittsburgh Penguins signed undrafted free agent goaltender Alex D'Orio to a three-year, entry-level contract, the team announced on Wednesday.
D'Orio posted a 19-2-2 mark with a 2.40 goals-against average and .903 save percentage in 28 games last season for the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
The 18-year-old guided the Penguins to the best record (2-0-1) during the 2017 Prospects Challenge, stopping 74 of 82 shots in three appearances. D'Orio also participated in the Penguins' prospect development camp in July.
Updated September 13, 2017