Pistons claim F-C Christian Wood off waivers
- Bucks win 16th straight as Giannis sits
- Harden scores 55, Rockets fend off Cavs
- Leonard has 23 in Toronto, Clippers win
- James has 25-11-10, Lakers' road run 12
- Pacers survive Walker's 44, beat Celtics
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Pistons have claimed Christian Wood off waivers.
The Pistons announced the move Wednesday. The 6-foot-10 Wood appeared in 21 games last season for Milwaukee and New Orleans, averaging 8.2 points. He's averaged 5.3 points in 51 career NBA games for Philadelphia, Charlotte, Milwaukee and New Orleans.
Wood, who can play forward or center, averaged nearly 17 points and eight rebounds during the eight games he played for New Orleans at the end of last season, but he was still waived by the Pelicans.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated July 17, 2019