Pitcher Jhoulys Chacín gets minor league deal with Yankees
- Indians' Ramirez, Reyes break protocols
- Cubs' Strop violates COVID-19 rules
- Nats cut Jeffress for personnel reasons
- Pirates acquire RHP Underwood from Cubs
- O's King Felix vying for spot in return
NEW YORK (AP) Right-hander Jhoulys Chacin and the New York Yankees have agreed to a minor league contract.
The 33-year-old would get an $800,000 salary in the major leagues if added to the 40-man roster.
He was 1-0 with a 7.20 ERA in five innings over two relief appearances for Atlanta last season.
Chacin is 78-87 with a 4.04 ERA in 226 starts and 51 relief appearances over 12 seasons with Colorado (2009-14), Arizona (2015), Atlanta (2016, '20), the Los Angeles Angeles (2016), San Diego (2017), Milwaukee (2018-19) and Boston (2019).
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 8, 2021