Hoyt has $608,500 salary in majors as part of Indians deal
- Angels' Simmons opts out of last 5 games
- Voth tosses CG as Nats beat Phillies
- Dodgers nearing 8th NL West title in row
- Rays trying to wrap up AL East title
- Indians looking to secure playoff berth
CLEVELAND (AP) Right-hander James Hoyt has a salary of $608,500 in the major leagues as part of his contract with the Cleveland Indians and $156,000 while in the minors.
Hoyt agreed to the deal Wednesday, two days after he was removed from the 40-man roster when Cleveland failed to offer a 2020 contract by the tender deadline.
The 33-year-old had a 2.16 ERA in eight September appearances with the Indians, striking out 10 and walking two in 8 1/3 innings. He was 2-0 with a 3.43 ERA in 40 games at Triple-A Columbus, striking out 48 in 42 innings.
Hoyt had 65 appearances for Houston in 2016-17, then pitched in one game for Houston in 2018.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated December 5, 2019