Marlins 1B Cooper leaves game with triceps injury
- Leake perfect into 9th, shuts out Angels
- Mets err in 10th; Giants win 7th in row
- Cards score 10 in 6th, beat Reds 12-11
- Encarnación hits slam, Yanks top Rockies
- Braves edge Nats on Donaldson walk-off
ST. LOUIS (AP) First baseman Garrett Cooper has been removed from Miami's game against the St. Louis Cardinals in the fifth inning after aggravating a left triceps injury.
Cooper missed Wednesday's game for the Marlins with the same ailment, but felt good enough to start on Thursday night. He doubled in the fourth to extend his hitting streak to a career-high 12 games.
Cooper, who has reached base safely in his last 18 games, originally got hurt Tuesday when he crashed into the tarp while catching a foul ball off the bat of Yadier Molina.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 20, 2019