Bayern's Kimmich and Müller test positive for COVID-19
European Football Headlines
- Manchester United-Fulham Preview
- Leeds United-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Everton-Bournemouth Preview
- Aston Villa-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Brentford-Manchester City Preview
- Southampton-Liverpool Preview
- Crystal Palace-Nottingham Forest Preview
- Arsenal-Wolverhampton Preview
- Chelsea-Newcastle United Preview
- Leicester City-West Ham United Preview
MUNICH (AP) Bayern Munich players Joshua Kimmich and Thomas Muller tested positive for the coronavirus on Saturday.
The Bavarian powerhouse said neither player had any symptoms, and both were "doing well" in isolation in their homes. Kimmich and Muller played the full game in Bayern's 4-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen on Friday.
The two players were previously infected with COVID-19, with Kimmich's infection in particular causing headlines at the time due to his reluctance to get vaccinated. Kimmich said last December he would get vaccinated after his infection the month before.
Bayern players Manuel Neuer and Leon Goretzka tested positive for COVID-19 last week when they were with the Germany team. They resumed training during the week.
Bayern hosts Czech team Plzen in the Champions League on Tuesday before visiting Borussia Dortmund for the Bundesliga's Klassiker on Saturday.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 1, 2022