|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Quioto goal sparks Montreal to 2-0 win over Chicago
European Football Headlines
- Leicester City-Brentford Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-West Ham United Preview
- Liverpool-Manchester United Preview
- Wolverhampton-Leeds United Preview
- Burnley-Southampton Preview
- Manchester City-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Watford-Everton Preview
- Newcastle United-Crystal Palace Preview
- Norwich City-Chelsea Preview
- Aston Villa-Arsenal Preview
MONTREAL (AP) Romell Quioto scored in the 60th minute, James Pantemis made four saves and Montreal blanked the Chicago Fire 2-0 on Sunday.
With the win, Montreal (10-8-7) moved past Atlanta for fifth place in the Eastern Conference. Chicago (6-14-5) is 12th in the table, well below the line.
Djordje Milhalovic found Quioto in the box and he scored his fifth goal of the season off a hard strike.
Chicago had a goal nullified with an offside in the 77th minute, and minutes later an own goal sealed the match when Mathieu Choiniere's cross went off defender Carlos Teran.
Chicago has lost four of five, including three straight shutouts.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 19, 2021