|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- Kwon cut from World Cup squad in setback for South Korea
- Fired coach Halilhodzic suing Japanese football association
- Flares, riots force early end to season finale in Poland
- Wright-Phillips scores twice, Red Bulls beat Atlanta United
- Inter leapfrogs Lazio to take final Champions League spot
- Elis scores twice as Dynamo beat Fire 3-2
- Iniesta bids farewell to Barcelona, Torres to Atletico
- AP Interview: PSG's Tuchel cautious when talking of ambition
- Sporting loses cup final after 'horror movie' week
- Green, Sargent join Pulisic on US soccer roster vs Bolivia
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017