|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- Sporting KC to meet Red Bulls for US Open Cup championship
- FIFA bans Caribbean soccer leader for 6 years
- Belgium awaits UEFA move on Brussels stadium for Euro 2020
- Germany, Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer out for rest of 2017
- Burkina Faso challenges FIFA order to replay fixed game
- Barcelona says Dembele surgery a success
- FIFA hopes for big increase in TV viewers at Women's WCup
- Sweet 16: Genoa teenager performing far beyond his years
- Australia boost strike power for playoff
- Espanyol beats Celta Vigo 2-1 to snap winless La Liga streak
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017