|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- Juventus loses 3-2 at Sampdoria ahead of Barcelona clash
- Burgstaller scores late for Schalke to go 2nd in Bundesliga
- Rodelin salvages draw for Caen with acrobatic goal
- The referee breaking unseen barriers for women in soccer
- Sunderland hires ex-Wales coach Chris Coleman
- Mooy, Kagawa and Son in running for Asian award
- Australia coach Postecoglou to decide future next week
- Cavani scores twice as league leader PSG routs Nantes 4-1
- Atletico and Real Madrid draw first derby at Metropolitano
- Sydney back on top in A-League
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017