|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- Madrid ends winless run at home with 7-1 rout of Deportivo
- Mertens ends goal drought as Napoli goes 4 clear in Serie A
- Cyprien gets winner for Nice against Saint-Etienne
- Bayern beats Bremen 4-2 to go 16 points clear in Bundesliga
- Struggling Hamburger SV sacks Markus Gisdol as coach
- Watford fires manager Marco Silva
- Jonas scores 2 as Benfica beats Chaves 3-0
- Aguero lifts Man City as Chelsea, Arsenal turn on goal power
- Bordeaux hires Gus Poyet as coach
- Atletico, Valencia stumble in pursuit of leader Barcelona
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017