Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- Revs beat Toronto FC 2-1, deny Shield-clinching opportunity
- Impact looks to slow high-scoring Atlanta United
- Orlando City looks to topple Timbers
- Dybala scores again as Juventus wins 4-0, Napoli perfect too
- Sporting Lisbon drops first points in draw at Moreirense
- Own goals help Barcelona win 3-0 at Girona to increase lead
- Barcelona gets 6th win in 6 rounds, Atletico beats Sevilla
- Uninspired PSG held by gritty Montpellier to 0-0
- Sporting KC turns focus toward Galaxy
- Panetolikos beats stumbling Panathinaikos 2-0 in Greece
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017