|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Sporting KC to meet Red Bulls for US Open Cup championship
- FIFA bans Caribbean soccer leader for 6 years
- Belgium awaits UEFA move on Brussels stadium for Euro 2020
- Germany, Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer out for rest of 2017
- Burkina Faso challenges FIFA order to replay fixed game
- Barcelona says Dembele surgery a success
- FIFA hopes for big increase in TV viewers at Women's WCup
- Sweet 16: Genoa teenager performing far beyond his years
- Australia boost strike power for playoff
- Espanyol beats Celta Vigo 2-1 to snap winless La Liga streak
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017