|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Madrid ends winless run at home with 7-1 rout of Deportivo
- Mertens ends goal drought as Napoli goes 4 clear in Serie A
- Cyprien gets winner for Nice against Saint-Etienne
- Bayern beats Bremen 4-2 to go 16 points clear in Bundesliga
- Struggling Hamburger SV sacks Markus Gisdol as coach
- Watford fires manager Marco Silva
- Jonas scores 2 as Benfica beats Chaves 3-0
- Aguero lifts Man City as Chelsea, Arsenal turn on goal power
- Bordeaux hires Gus Poyet as coach
- Atletico, Valencia stumble in pursuit of leader Barcelona
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017