|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Kwon cut from World Cup squad in setback for South Korea
- Fired coach Halilhodzic suing Japanese football association
- Flares, riots force early end to season finale in Poland
- Wright-Phillips scores twice, Red Bulls beat Atlanta United
- Inter leapfrogs Lazio to take final Champions League spot
- Elis scores twice as Dynamo beat Fire 3-2
- Iniesta bids farewell to Barcelona, Torres to Atletico
- AP Interview: PSG's Tuchel cautious when talking of ambition
- Sporting loses cup final after 'horror movie' week
- Green, Sargent join Pulisic on US soccer roster vs Bolivia
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017