Former Michigan WR Oliver Martin transfers to Iowa
- UF, Miami set to kick off 2019 season
- Miss. St. given probation, suspends 10
- Villanova tops Colgate to begin season
- 300-plus accusers in Ohio St. scandal
- NCAA clears Badgers WR Cephus to return
By The Associated Press
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) Former Michigan wide receiver Oliver Martin has transferred to Iowa, his hometown school.
The Hawkeyes announced on Tuesday that Martin, a former four-star recruit from Iowa City West High who originally spurned them for the Wolverines, has joined the program as a redshirt sophomore.
The 6-foot-1 Martin caught 11 passes for 125 yards and a touchdown last season for Michigan before entering the transfer portal.
Martin will sit out next season unless he applies to the NCAA for a waiver that would grant him immediate eligibility.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated June 12, 2019