Oklahoma signs Eastern Illinois transfer Marvin Johnson
- Duke jumps to No. 1 in reshuffled Top 25
- No. 3 Gonzaga rebounds from Duke loss
- No. 7 Texas tops Sam Houston in old gym
- No. 9 Kentucky breezes by C. Michigan
- Toussaint's jumper puts Iowa over UVa
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) Oklahoma signed Eastern Illinois transfer Marvin Johnson on Wednesday, adding a 6-foot-6 guard who averaged 15.3 points, 4.7 assists and 1.9 steals last season.
Johnson was a first-team All-Ohio Valley Conference selection last year. The Ardmore, Oklahoma, native was a member of Edmond North High School's 2017 Oklahoma Class 6A state title team. He will have one year of eligibility for the Sooners.
"He's a long, versatile guard," Oklahoma coach Porter Moser said. "I think he can be a two-way player for us. He's really good with the ball and coming off ball screens, but he can also be a very good defender with his length. So he gives us versatility, athleticism, length and experience."
Updated June 16, 2021