Kentucky AD next to lead NCAA D1 men's hoops committee
- Baylor remains No. 1, top 7 unchanged
- Braun leads No. 3 Kansas by Oklahoma St.
- Garza rallies No. 18 Iowa past Wisconsin
- Michigan G Simpson suspended vs. Huskers
- UNC extends win streak at NC State to 7
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart has been selected to lead the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee.
It was announced Friday that Barnhart would work with committee chairman Kevin White, Duke's athletic director, during the upcoming season before succeeding him in the 2020-21 season. Barnhart says being asked to serve in the role by his colleagues on the committee is one of the highest honors he has received.
The NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee is in charge of selecting, seeding and bracketing schools each year for the NCAA Tournament.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 12, 2019