Sears lifts Ohio past Rice on late shot
- NM police release Peake shooting video
- Edey has 23 and 18 as Purdue gets to 9-0
- No. 5 UConn routs Florida to go 10-0
- Vols overcome sluggish start to rip EKU
- Hot-shooting Indiana rolls by Nebraska
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) Mark Sears made a layup with four seconds remaining to lead Ohio to a 65-64 win over Rice in the College Basketball Invitational first round on Saturday night.
The Owls were unable to get off a shot on their next possession.
Jason Carter had 26 points to lead the Bobcats.
Ben Vander Plas had 13 points for Ohio (25-9).
Carl Pierre had 20 points for the Owls (16-17). Travis Evee added 12 points. Chris Mullins had 11 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 19, 2022