UC Irvine dumps Cal St. Fullerton 74-61
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) Collin Welp scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds off the bench and UC Irvine beat Cal State Fullerton 74-61 on Wednesday.
The Titans (5-13, 0-3) led 14-12 with 10:21 left in the first half before UC Irvine took control for good with a 25-8 run and led 37-22 when Welp hit a 3-pointer with 2:12 before intermission. They led 39-25 at halftime and were up by double digits the entire second half.
The Anteaters now have won three of their last four while Cal State Fullerton has dropped three straight.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 16, 2020