Mason, Steele lead Abilene Christian over Troy 82-70 in CBI
- Preseason No. 1 UNC drops out of AP poll
- Late run gets No. 18 Gonzaga by Kent St.
- No. 22 San Diego St. wins test from Troy
- Edey has 31 and 22, Purdue rips Gophers
- Arizona bounces back to beat winless Cal
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) Coryon Mason tossed in 19 points, Cameron Steele scored 18 and Abilene Christian knocked off Troy 82-70 in the first round of the College Basketball Invitational on Sunday night.
Mahki added 11 points and Reggie Miller scored 10 for the Wildcats (24-10).
Khalyl Waters had 18 points to lead the Trojans (20-12). Desmond Williams added 14 points, while Christyon Eugene scored 13.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 20, 2022