Alabama A&M beats Mississippi Valley State 72-67
- Houston puts new No. 1 ranking on line
- No. 9 Kansas rolls in Self's return home
- No. 11 Arkansas puts away Troy late
- Mississippi St. rips Omaha to get to 7-0
- Pedulla, Mutts lead Hokies by Minnesota
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP) Jalen Johnson had 25 points and 14 rebounds as Alabama A&M beat winless Mississippi Valley State 72-67 on Wednesday night.
Dailin Smith had 15 points for Alabama A&M (3-9, 2-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Garrett Hicks added 14 points. Cameron Tucker had 12 points and six rebounds.
Devin Gordon scored a career-high 32 points for the Delta Devils (0-12, 0-2). Robert Carpenter added 17 points. Gary Grant had eight rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 5, 2022