King scores 20 to carry Army over American 89-66 in Patriot
- No. 14 Villanova routs Butler 82-42
- Liddell, No. 16 Ohio St. get by Penn St.
- Iowa thwarts Minnesota's comeback bid
- OSU hands No. 1 Baylor 2nd straight loss
- No. 4 Auburn rallies for 13th win in row
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) Alex King had 20 points as Army rolled past American 89-66 in the quarterfinals of the Patriot League Conference tournament on Saturday.
Josh Caldwell had 17 points and six rebounds for Army (12-8). Nick Finke added 14 points and Jared Cross had 10 points.
Army scored 47 first-half points, a season best for the team.
Jamir Harris had 18 points for the Eagles (4-6). Stacy Beckton Jr. added 13 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 6, 2021