Carter scores 17 in Navy's season-opening win
- Zags back at No. 1; Auburn up to No. 2
- No. 4 Purdue tops No. 17 Illinois in 2OT
- Hoosiers top Huskers for rare road win
- Arizona State extends Utah's skid to 6
- Notre Dame wins at Howard in MLK Classic
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) John Carter Jr. posted 17 points and six rebounds as Navy topped George Washington 78-71 on Wednesday in a season opener.
Cam Davis had 15 points and seven assists for Navy. Richard Njoku added 12 points. Tyler Nelson had 12 points.
James Bishop scored a career-high 20 points and had nine assists for the Colonials. Jamison Battle added 20 points. Jameer Nelson Jr. had 18 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 25, 2020