Pearson nets 17, Texas State holds off Ragin' Cajuns 71-66
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) Nijal Pearson scored 17 points and Texas State held off Louisiana Lafayette 71-66 on Saturday.
Alonzo Sule added 13 points and Shelby Adams 11 for the Bobcats (14-9, 7-5 Sun Belt Conference).
Texas State led 30-23 at the half and worked that up to 16 with a 12-3 run that made it 62-46 with less than four minutes remaining.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated February 1, 2020