Watson scores 21 to lead Providence past St. John's 78-59
- Dayton's Toppin wins Naismith Trophy
- Iowa F Pemsl leaving as grad transfer
- NC State case may go to IARP process
- Marquette names Gainey associate coach
- MSU AD defends Izzo after witness report
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) Nate Watson tied his career high with 21 points as Providence topped St. John's 78-59 on Wednesday night.
LJ Figueroa had 16 points for the Red Storm (19-8, 7-7). Justin Simon added 10 points. Marcellus Earlington had 10 points.
The Friars improve to 2-0 against the Red Storm on the season. Providence defeated St. John's 70-56 on Feb. 9. Providence takes on Marquette at home on Saturday. St. John's faces Seton Hall at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated February 20, 2019