Illinois St. pulls away early in 2nd half, beats Drake 69-55
- Power 5 leagues want player compensation
- Big 12 revenue distribution down $1.1M
- Texas Tech adds ex-Hoyas star McClung
- Kentucky, Irish announce 3-year series
- Terry returns to Arizona as assistant
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) Phil Fayne scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half, Zach Copeland finished with 19 and Illinois State beat Drake 69-55 on Wednesday night.
Milik Yarbrough added 17 points, nine rebounds and five assists for Illinois State (13-9, 6-3 Missouri Valley Conference), which has won four of its last five games. Keyshawn Evans chipped in with 11 points. Copeland, Yarbrough and Evans combined to make all nine of the Redbirds' 3-pointers. Fayne posted his sixth game of the season with 20-plus points.
Fayne scored eight points during a 13-4 surge to open the second half that stretched the Redbirds' lead to 45-31 with 15 minutes remaining. Fayne's dunk with 5:47 left made it 64-43.
Updated January 30, 2019