Mayo carries E. Kentucky past Jacksonville St. 88-70
- NCAA to cut distributions by $375M
- Vandy sharpshooter Nesmith to turn pro
- UIC names Texas assistant Yaklich coach
- Duke PG Jones declares for NBA draft
- Georgia freshman Edwards to enter draft
BEREA, Ky. (AP) Nick Mayo had 22 points as Eastern Kentucky won its seventh straight home game, getting past Jacksonville State 88-70 on Thursday night.
The Colonels pulled away in the first half with a 32-4 run, leading 43-17 with 4:41 left in the period. Jacksonville State's 21-4 run to start the second half closed the deficit to 57-48 but that was as close as it would get.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Elements from this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 24, 2019