Baldwin scores 30, Butler beats St. John's 80-71
- No. 4 Dayton looking for 17th win in row
- FSU rallies past Cards to move atop ACC
- Texas beats No. 20 WVU to stay hot
- New No. 1 Kansas dominates Oklahoma St.
- Dosunmu helps power Illini by Nebraska
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Kamar Baldwin scored 30 points, Jordan Tucker added 24 and Butler held off St. John's for an 80-71 win on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (12-7, 3-3 Big East) had their largest lead after a 17-2 run made it 58-36 early in the second half, but the Red Storm (15-4, 3-4) scored 12 straight in one run and six straight in another to close within 73-69 with 50 seconds remaining. Butler made 7 of 8 free throws from there to secure the victory.
Baldwin was two points of career high and grabbed eight rebounds for Butler. Tucker was 6 of 11 from 3-point range. Sean McDermott scored seven points to go with his 12 rebounds.
Butler never trailed after the opening minute and led by as many as 14 in the first half.
Updated January 19, 2019