DeAndre Abram leads Milwaukee over UIC 81-69
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
MILWAUKEE (AP) DeAndre Abram had 19 points and a career-high 16 rebounds on Thursday night and Milwaukee held on after taking control late in the first half for an 81-69 win over Illinois-Chicago.
The Panthers (8-11, 3-3 Horizon League) closed the first half on a 13-3 run to lead 32-23 at the break and extended to their largest lead at 41-26 early in the second.
The Flames (9-10, 3-3) got the deficit down to 57-53 with seven minutes to go, but Milwaukee pushed the lead back to 10 with an 8-2 run and mostly led by double digits from there.
Updated January 17, 2019