Florida Gulf Coast rallies to beat S. Dakota State 84-78
- No. 3 Zags clinch 8th straight WCC title
- Trice, Badgers hold off No. 19 Michigan
- Bradley helps Cal knock off No. 21 Buffs
- No. 14 Oregon pulls away from Oregon St.
- Wesson has 16-18 to lift No. 23 Ohio St.
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) Haanif Cheatham scored 23 points, Christian Carlyle added 16 with five assists and Florida Gulf Coast rallied late to beat South Dakota State 84-78 on Friday night.
Carlyle's 3-point play tied it at 72 with 2:29 to play and sparked a 9-0 run in which Shadrac Casimir scored the go-ahead layup on a fast break and FGIU took a 78-72 lead with 45 seconds to play. The Jackrabbits closed to 79-78 on David Jenkins' free throw, but Dinerio Mercurius got a steal and two free throws and added a layup with five seconds left to seal it.
Troy Baxter Jr. scored 16 points and Mercurius added 14 for the Eagles (2-2), who trailed 37-30 at halftime in a game that saw 17 lead changes.
Updated November 16, 2018