Cambridge scores 23, Brown beats UMass Lowell 82-74
- NC St. accepts independent probe process
- DePaul G Coleman-Lands granted 6th year
- Dayton's Toppin wins Wooden Award
- Arizona freshman Mannion leaving for NBA
- Maryland's Jalen Smith to enter draft
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) Desmond Cambridge scored 23 points on Friday night, and Brown pulled away late in the first half and then held on for an 82-74 win over UMass-Lowell.
The game was closely contested for the first 14 minutes before Brown scored 14 straight points to build a 43-28 lead late in the first half. The Bears had their largest lead at 47-30 on the opening basket of the second half.
The River Hawks (1-3) had a 15-2 run to cut the deficit to 49-45 but Brown pushed the lead to 56-46 and kept the advantage between seven and 13 the rest of the way.
Updated November 16, 2018